A celebration of Christmas in the heart of the Gaslight District, Holidays on Ludlow returns to Ludlow Ave this Friday, December 7 from 6-9 p.m. There will be free parking in the Merchant Lot on Howell Ave. after 5 pm. Here are (drum roll, please) the top five reasons to check out Holidays on Ludlow:
- It’s a great way to get in the Christmas spirit. There will be free carriage rides with luminaria along the route, caroling courtesy of the Clifton-Fairview German Language Choir, and free pictures with Santa Claus.
- This is an event for both children and adults. “We’ll have bobbing for apples, tea parties, and Kiddie Cocoas for the little ones,” Sitwells wrote on their Facebook page. “No worries, parents, we’ve got our delicious Spiked Mulled Cider for you!”
- It’s a chance to do some shopping. On the off-chance that you haven’t finished all your Christmas shopping, this is an opportunity to support lots of local business within walking distance of each other.
- Arts and crafts. Holidays on Ludlow will include holiday hat making at Aquarius Star plus a snowflake making contest.
- It’s a chance to help the needy. Gaslight Property will once again be hosting a canned food drive on the Plaza during the event. Please bring your cans and other non-perishables and be generous with our less fortunate neighbors during the holidays.