Clifton just got more colorful and stylish. MAYA opened recently at 323 Ludlow Avenue, and already it feels like a good fit for the neighborhood, with a tasteful, eye-catching window display and a splendid collection of jewelry and crafts inside. The owner of the store, Victor Morales, has been in the business for more than 15 years, but the lineage of Maya goes back farther, all the way to his grandfather, a native Mayan from Guatemala, hence the name MAYA. Recently when I stopped in and chatted with Victor I asked him what was unique and special about MAYA, and he summed it up this way:
- Their jewelry is handmade and authentic, in other words their designs are original and made by the real creators and artists they represent.
- The people making the jewelry and crafts are Native American Artists, Mexican Silversmiths, and Mayan Artisans. “I have been working with the same artists for over 15 years,” Victor said. “MAYA is the result of a long journey and great relationships.”
- Their jewelry and crafts collection vary from traditional styles to more contemporary and very stylish pieces.
- Value: “Unique and beautiful handmade jewelry at affordable prices.”
- Promotional discounts: “We plan to have promotional discounts at our gallery on a monthly basis, coupons will be emailed to customers who sign our guest list, and other discounts will be offered to clients who use our website.”
- MAYA’s clients can bring their jewelry for cleaning two times within 12 months from the purchase date.
I should add that, while I was in the store, people were wandering in off the street, and the comfortable atmosphere of MAYA combined with Victor’s easy-going personality gave the store a good vibe that put customers immediately at ease. Victor’s very personable and loves the neighborhood. In order to reach out to the Clifton community, Victor is hosting a reception on Saturday, July 23 from 6pm to 9pm. That evening he’ll have special offers, and serve appetizers, wine, and sangria. Readers can mention this blog and get one jewelry item for half price before July 16th, or at mayatraders.com by August 30 (coupon name: Gaslight50). Come visit MAYA, and also make sure you “like” their Facebook page, which is Https://www.facebook.com/MayaHandmadeJewelryandCrafts/
And make sure to check out MAYA’s website, which is: http://www.mayatraders.com/
Hours for the store are Tuesday to Thursday 11am–6pm, plus Friday & Saturday 11pm–8pm; they’re closed Sunday & Monday.